Wednesday, December 17, 2008

AHHH!!!

I love my kids but sometimes they drive me crazy! Today was the last day of the Sala de Tarea and I was hoping it would be a pretty chill day. Of course that didn't happen. I only had 5 kids, but they were the ones that usually give me trouble, and I didn't have any volunteers just like most days. The kids wanted to fight, not only verbally, but also physically. They were really disrespectful to each other and to me. I generally try to stay calm, but sometimes it gets irritating because I still have a hard time trying to talk to them due to the language barrier. Now that I've vented a bit, I do want to thank all of you for your prayers over the past few months. Though I get irritated at times, this experience is absolutely amazing and I am incredibly thankful that I have the Sala de Tarea. Whether they irritate me or not, I love those kids. I have learned quite a bit from them the past month and my Spanish has gotten much better. Please pray that the holiday break will bring relaxation both for me and for the the kids. Please pray that more kids will start coming to the Sala de Tarea, and more importantly, that I can find more volunteers. Thanks. God bless.

No comments: