Friday, January 23, 2009

Unforgettable Experiences

I know this is rather late, and there has been a lot going on over the past month. So, instead of writing all the details, I am going to post some pictures to share my amazing experiences with you. We left Christmas day for Playa Rincon in Samana.
I got to see my family during my layover in New York on my way to South Africa. We only had 2 hours together, but it was an amazing 2 hours. We celebrated our own little Christmas at their hotel.
Best friends reunited!! And the unforgettable experiences begin here.
This is the sunset in Capetown the first night I was there. We stayed at one of the YFC volunteer houses that was right on the beach.
We went to Mossel Bay one night to visit one of Ariana's friends. Some super cool pictures came out of that night!
We got dressed up for a girl's night out to an Italian restaurant called Pomodoro.
Read this closely. We went bungee jumping off the highest bridge in the world! INCREDIBLE!!
Ready to go!
This is right before my jump. I was excited!
That's me! It was the most incredible experience!
We went to the Reb Berry Farm one afternoon and picked strawberries.
A day at the ostrich farm.
I actually got to ride an ostrich! What fun! I tried it earlier that week and I must say, it was quite delicious.
We took a hike one afternoon. George (the town Ariana lives in) is completely surrounded by mountains, with the beach only 15 minutes away. It was SO beautiful there.
Now I'm back to work in the D.R. and loving it more than ever. I hope you are all doing well and that you enjoyed these pictures from my trip.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I do love the pictures and story of your trip. :)