Well today you are all celebrating Thanksgiving back home as I sit here in my office thinking about all the good memories I have from Thanksgivings with my family. Though I miss being home during this holiday season, I can't help but think about how much I have to be thankful for here.
The Dominican people are absolutely amazing and have become my other family. When I'm missing home, they help take my mind off it by making great memories with me here to hold on to. Last night Allison and I made apple and pumpkin pies. If you know me at all you might laugh at that because I can't cook or bake any
thing! But these pies actually turned out
really yummy!
The Sala de Tarea has been going on for about 2 weeks now and I love it! The kids are so much fun and I'm learning lots from them. They love the Bible verses and it's so great to see them excited about learning them. Even a couple kids who didn't seem all that interested about it at first now can't wait to show me that they've memorized it.
On top of all the incredible things going on here, I still have so much support from all of you back home! Let me tell you, God has truly blessed me in so many ways and I stand in awe of just how much He has given me to be thankful for.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment