Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Teacher"

Well, the Sala de Tarea has been going on for a few days now and I absolutely love it! On Thurday one of the little girls brought her neighbor and told her that she would have so much fun here. We did some water painting and played a game with the English flashcards which they love! They kept saying, "Teacher, teacher," to get my attention and give me their beautiful paintings. It's kind of cool, and funny, to be called "Teacher." Last week I only had girls and it was okay because I have all sorts of materials for girls to play with...they like coloring and painting. Yesterday my first guy came in and I was a little worried because I didn't want him to get bored with what I have. There isn't very much for guys to play with. But today I brought all sorts of Legos with me, so hopefully that will do. Yesterday I started having the Bible time. I told them the story of creation and then had them draw it. I now have a very nice collection of pictures on the wall! We have a memory verse that they are excited about learning because I told them that on Friday, if they can repeat the verse without looking at it, the will win a prize. It's fun to watch them be so excited about learning the story and repeating it back to me.

No comments: