Thursday, July 31, 2008
Last Week in the U.S.
Well here it is Wednesday night and I leave Saturday morning. This week has been pretty hectic so far trying to say bye to people...making sure they are good good-byes like I learned at MTI. I left MTI a bit more scared than when I arrived there as the reality of leaving had hit me and that is so hard. I hate having to say bye to my family and my friends...to leave them behind. I had started to become much more anxious about leaving instead of excited because I was scared to let go and head to the D.R. when I haven't had much detail about things going on there. But I was sitting in the doctor's office Monday morning getting my last shots and what not and it just hit me...I am so blessed! God has prepared the way for me in the D.R. and He is not going to just drop me off there and leave me. This one quote continues to stick out in my mind, "God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called." I had begun to let the fear of my departure take over and the excitement was slowly going away. But that morning in the doctor's office the Lord just kind of tapped me on the shoulder and said, "I am here." How refreshing it was to be reminded of that. God is continually with us...everywhere we go. I got home that afternoon and had received an email from my supervisors in the D.R. giving me all sorts of information and affirmation. I needed to hear it so badly as I have been feeling a little unsettled. God is so good and He is so faithful. Even as I had been dreading leaving and facing a whole new culture, the Lord showed me who He is and that I have nothing to be afraid of, but that I should fully embrace every aspect of this experience. So now, with God's help, I am ready to head to the Dominican Republic and serve my Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We love you Anna. Ella still talks about you. We are praying for you as you arrive in the D.R. God is always faithful and good. I know he will show all of us more in the up-coming months.
Post a Comment