Thursday, July 24, 2008
Getting Ready to Head Out
I'm at the beach with my family making more good memories to take with me to the D.R. and in the midst of all the fun and laughter I can't stop thinking about what is it come. In just 9 days I will be a missionary in the Dominican Republic. I have been dreaming about this for so long, talking about how things will be next year; everything God has in store for me and all that I will experience. Now it's how things will be in a week and a half.
As I think about that so many emotions run through my head. I'm scared and excited, happy and sad, overwhelmed yet somehow calm, too. Scared to go to a place outside of my comfort zone but excited to experience a different culutre and work in some amazing ministries. Happy to be doing what God has called me to do, but sad to leave my family and friends that I am so close to and love so much. Overwhelmed still just trying to process everything I learned at MTI (Mission Training International) about cultural differences, but calm because I know God is right next to me and I have so much support back home.
During this time as I continue to prepare for my year away I ask that you would please keep me in your prayers. I have been greatly blessed with this opportunity and can't wait to share it with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you are wise beyond your years, and overflowing with the light of Christ. i am excited to hear what the Lord is doing in and around you, and i will be here praying for you all the time. you are a blessing to the world :] never forget that.
Hey Anna! Ella says BYE!! She really misses you. We know exactly how you feel and will definitely be praying for you as you go. Maybe we'll see ya some time. We have a base in the D.R. and I've never been. Jesus Bless you.
Post a Comment